Iconix Acquires Remaining 49 Percent of Ecko Unltd.

Gary D. Herwitz, the managing director of CoMetrics, LLC, has more than 30 years’ experience in finance and investment. His current role includes helping middle-market business clients optimize operations and financing to maximize profits. To this end, he advises clients on the acquisition and integration of other companies. Gary Herwitz recently helped Iconix purchase 49 percent of the outstanding shares of portfolio company Ecko Unltd.

In 2013, Iconix, a clothing-brand licensing company, purchased 49 percent of Ecko Unltd. for $45 million in cash, with CoMetrics, LLC, serving as its financial advisor. Before purchasing the remaining shares, Iconix controlled 51 percent of the company’s interests. Today, Iconix markets products internationally for the Ecko Unltd. and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew companies.

Ecko, founded in 1993 by Marc Ecko, built a loyal youth following by organically attracting cultural icons like Spike Lee, Chuck D. of Public Enemy, and the Beastie Boys as customers. The clothing style is tailored toward men who wish to dress seriously, while still maintaining a youthful look. Today, Ecko Unltd. operates in 60 countries and maintains 5,000 stores worldwide.

Advertisements