The Iconix Acquisition of IP Holdings Unltd

 IP Holdings Unltd pic
IP Holdings Unltd
Image: fashionunited.com

A New York City business executive who concentrates on complex M&A transactions, Gary D. Herwitz has served as managing partner of CoMetrics for more than a decade. While Gary Herwitz was directing operations at CoMetrics in 2013, the company represented Marc Ecko Enterprises while its parent company, IP Holdings Unltd., sold company control to the Iconix Brand Group.

IP Holdings formerly owned Marc Ecko Enterprises and its related trademarks Ecko Unltd. and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew. Available in department stores such as Dillard’s and Macy’s, Marc Ecko Enterprises rose to fame after becoming a favorite of hip-hop artists in the early 1990s. At the time of the 2013 acquisition, IP Holdings had already ceded 51 percent of company stock to the marketing and brand licensing company Iconix. With CoMetrics’ assistance, IP Holdings received $45 million from Iconix for the remaining 49 percent minority interest in the company. After the transaction, Marc Ecko Enterprises continued to act as a core licensee for its popular apparel brands.

Advertisements