Popular Marc Ecko Brands Now Fully Controlled by Iconix Brand Group

Iconix Brand Group pic
Iconix Brand Group pic
Iconix Brand Group
Image: iconixbrand.com

CoMetrics Partners, led by Managing Partner Gary D. Herwitz, provides strategic advice and financial services to middle market companies. Headquartered in New York, New York, Gary Herwitz and his company regularly work alongside Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders. In 2013, CoMetrics Partners facilitated the sale of two Marc Ecko Enterprises brands, acting as financial advisor during the high-profile proceedings.

Responding to trends in youth culture markets, the Iconix Brand Group extended its interest in two Marc Ecko brands in May of 2013. Iconix controlled a prevailing 51 percent interest in both Ecko Unltd. and Marc Ecko Cut & Sew prior to the buyout, having purchased Marc Ecko’s own shares in 2009. After paying $45 million, Iconix acquired the remaining 49 percent of the fashion brands with assistance from CoMetrics Partners.

Parent company Marc Ecko Enterprises continues to hold licenses for the brands, including the Ecko Unltd. brand’s famous rhino logo. Both brands remain relevant and enjoy a certain popularity among the hip-hop crowd in America and young adults internationally.

Advertisements